Rent your new home through Changinghomes
Changinghomes' Services For Tenants
Meeting tenant expectations and beyond!
- We listen to your requirements and ask questions to enable us to understand your anticipated lifestyle and exact requirements. The information helps us, to help you, select the right property in a timely fashion.
- Changinghomes offers fast track referencing to give perspective tenants a quick decision on acceptance.
- A feature of our personalised service is that often you will have only point of contact for all administration, making your life easier.
- We also offer a rapid response on maintenance so that any problems are fixed quickly.
Changinghomes reputation is built on an ethical approach to business and personalised service for tenants. We rent and manage quality properties for discerning tenants at an appropriate rent.
A unique range of property letting and management services designed for you.
When you move with Changinghomes you can be confident that our team will work with you to make the moving process as painless as possible. You will know from the outset if Changinghomes is managing your new home or if your chosen property is managed by one of our trusted landlords. A high percentage of our tenants 'change home' again and again with us or / and they recommend Changinghomes as an agency to their friends and colleagues. So much repeat / referred business speaks volumes about how we take care of our tenants.
What happens after you have chosen your new home?
Referencing, invoicing and agreement
- Complete a registration form online by choosing either a 'professional' or 'student' registration form
- We will email you an Endsleigh/Experian reference request which you will complete online
- On receipt of the completed form we will send you the following:-
- We will email you an Endsleigh / Experian reference request which you will complete online. [Please note that Endsleigh requests can land in junk mail]
- If you require a guarantor, we email your guarantor an Endsleigh / Experian reference request. [Please note that Endsleigh requests can land in junk mail]
- A request for proof of your current address i.e. a utility bill in your name
- A requirement for proof of identity i.e. driver's licence or passport details
[Both of the above can be faxed or scanned and emailed]
- In many cases we will request your present Landlord's details, or in the case of a home owner, a reference from
a professional who has known you for at least three years and is not a family member
- We will then send you an emailed invoice statement requesting the rent, deposit and agency fee.
- To reserve the property the agency fee is payable immediately to the Changinghomes UK Ltd Client Account.
The payment of the fee does not guarantee that the landlord will rent the property to you. The final decision
will be made after referencing has been completed. Payment of the deposit and rent are due as cleared
funds in the Changinghomes UK Ltd Client Account for your move in date
Please note that in some circumstances we may request alternative references.
The registration process is fast. You are in control of providing the information. Please be assured Changinghomes UK Ltd is registered with ICO under the Data Protection Act 1998.
An Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement will be sent to you by email prior to your move to the property subject to your successful referencing and full payment of your invoice.
For Companies wishing to rent a property a Company Lease Agreement will be prepared.
Your deposit will be either registered in the MYDEPOSIT Scheme or the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme). You will be notified in writing of the
scheme where your deposit is held. For your peace of mind Changinghomes is a registered SAFEagent. For further information please see www.safeagents.co.uk.
Managed tenants can be secure in the knowledge that dilapidations will be handled appropriately. [For Landlord managed properties your Landlord will advise you where your deposit is held]
Your rental property will be professionally cleaned before you take up occupation and a representative of Changinghomes will meet
you at the property to check and agree the inventory, take meter readings and hand over keys at a time arranged with you prior to
your move. Changinghomes 'managed' tenants will receive written documentation to sign for the tenant deposit protection scheme.
For Landlord managed properties you will be given the Landlord contact details for on ongoing support throughout your tenancy.
Maintenance reports are responded to quickly. In addition, a member of the Changinghomes team will visit your home
(at a time and date agreed by you) at least every six months to ensure all is well with the property and that you are happy with the fabric of your house.
If you are busy person who does not have time for domestic up keep of the property please contact Changinghomes and we will provide you with the contact numbers for residential cleaners.
For Landlord managed properties you will be given your landlord contact details.
It is expected that all properties will be returned to the owner in the same condition as the property was in at the start of the tenancy, fair
wear and tear accepted. Please note that a lack of cleanliness is not accepted as fair wear and tear. At least a month before your tenancy ends,
you will receive a final inspection report, detailing what needs to be done before you vacate your home to ensure maximum deposit return. We returned over 90% of all deposit monies held last year thanks to our tenants appreciating the quality of their rental property.
For Landlord managed properties please contact your Landlord to arrange your final check out.
Changinghomes endeavour to resolve all complaints in a fair manner. However, in the unlikely event that you are still not satisfied, you have further protection from The Property Ombudsman where any disputes can be raised within 12 months on their website
Changinghomes are members of: